Wednesday, May 2, 2018

With Fear and Honor


In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. ... “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

- Isaiah 6:1, 5


His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of the warrior; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

- Psalm 147:10-11


A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

- I Corinthians 11:7


~

Commentary: As a cyclist, GOD isn't impressed with how fast or strong I am; He delights in whether I fear Him and place my hope in Jesus the Messiah. May I reflect that onto others, so He may be seen.
In a U.S. courtroom, it is requested to remove a hat from a man's head, unless for religious reasons, as a sign of respect for the judge. Even more so is it true for the Judge of creation -- to honor GOD when entering His house.  These are only two of many ways to fear and honor GOD. I pray not to be too casual with my approach to GOD. He is my good shepherd, but He is also the GOD of the Universe.

No comments: